1.Do you have a dedicated internal software localization engineering department?
Yes, we have an in-house software engineering department, which is responsible for solving technical problems in software localization and providing consultation for clients.
2. What is the typical profile of your in-house software engineers?
● Experienced in software localization engineering.
● Skilled in processing multimedia formats.
● Capable of programming in VC++, VB etc..
3. Please provide a list of all software engineering and testing tools you currently use.
Please refer to Services & Solutions -> Services -> Software L10N -> Tools.
4. Please describe accurately your current software Quality Assurance model and workflow.
To ensure each step’s success from translation to product testing, the procedures below
should be followed:
1. Select the best suitable translation team.
2. Keep good term consistency among the user interface, online help and user manuals by using glossaries and TMs.
3. Strict control the of DTP and compilation. QA.
4. Complete product testing step by step and issue a detailed testing report.
5. Discover problems and report ASAP.
6. Deliver on time.
For more details on the software localization process, please refer to Services & Solutions -> Services ->Software L10N -> Process.
5. Please describe your functional and linguistic testing methods, processes and tools
(if any) for software and online help localization.
Functional test: Prepare test plan. Test each case, to see if successful or not, and if the
user interface is shown correctly or not, or if any other problems have occurred from
OS-incompatibility,etc.. Record testing result in details. Linguistic test: Checking for any
typos, translation mistakes, or translation lengths that exceed the limit etc.
For details of Golden View’s software and online help localization process,
please refer to Services & Solutions -> Services -> Software L10N -> Process.
6. What is the availability/throughput of your current software engineering capacities?
Our capacity is flexible. Depending on the project volume and delivery time, we can
manage a team to meet your deadline without discounting the quality.
7. Have you worked on any L10N projects or any of the major software corporations? Please be detailed if possible.
Yes, our serviced end clients include IBM, Apple, Microsoft, Dell, GE, Google, Kingston,
Onyx Graphics, Faro Technologies (CAM), MatrixOne (Enterprise Management Applications),
and other brands.
8. Do you have the capacity for L10N testing, bug fixing, cosmetic and linguistic testing
and multiple platforms?
Yes. We can do CCJK testing on Windows 98, 2000, NT, XP, and Linux. We have
experiencesin localization testing, and are capable of UI appearance and linguistic testing,
as well as making any necessary revisions.
9. Have you successfully carried out L10N of multimedia and/or audio Projects? Please be
detailed if possible.
Yes, we have much experience in multimedia localization. We are able to offer turnkey
solution for multimedia L10n projects, including the localization of all video, audio and flash
files. Our voice-over services support Mandarin, Korean, Japanese and other East Asian
languages. Our served clients include IBM, SAP, Apple, Alcatel and Cypress etc.. Details
can be found at www.ITworld.com. Voice samples are available upon request.
10. Please describe some software localization projects which you have recently completed.
Please refer to Case Study -> By Service -> Software L10n for details.
1. We need to localize .exe and .dll files, Can you help?
By using special localization tools, we can convert .exe/.dll files into editable formats
for translators. After translation, editing, proofreading and engineering, we can deliver the file back to the client in the original format to. Tools include Alchemy Catalyst, Passolo,
Language Manager etc.
2. We need to translate RC files. How do you process them?
Since RC files contain programming code, our experienced engineers can process
the RC files into a simple translatable format for easy workload analysis and quoting.
3. Do you have any experience in online help localization?
Yes, we have finished an assortment of L10n projects. Our experienced engineering team
is veryskilled in handling help file localization. The client only need to send us a help files in
English,and we are capable of doing the remaining work – delivering the localized Help file
in Chinese or other target languages. The table of contents, index and search functions all
can be localized with the same structure and we will be compliant to the language
convention. For details, please contact us!
4. I have a FrameMaker project using a single source. We need PDF and help files. Do you
have this kind of experience? What information do I need to provide?
Yes, we have much successful experiences. Please send us the FrameMaker files, linked
mage files, fonts, generated PDF, conditional setting of the help files, WebWorks files and
related template iles (i.e. all files under the Support folder).
5. How do you proceed with QuarkXpress typesetting in Asian languages?
As you may know, Quark cannot support Asian languages well, but InDesign can. Using Trados’ batch processing function, we can convert Quark files down to 4.0 version,
so that the Quark files can then be converted to InDesign tile. In this way, the translation and
DTP process can be finished using Trados, thus saving much time and effort.