1. What is the typical profile of your in-house translators?
At least Bachelor degree in Liberal Arts or Science. At least two years working experiences
in localization industry. Love translation job.
2. Please describe your selection procedure and criteria for your in-house translation
● Need to pass a strict translation test. Also need to have convincing working experiences.
● 3 months evaluation period.
● Final evaluation when 3 months trial due.
3. Please describe your selection and qualifying procedure and criteria for your external
contractors and freelance translators.
● Each applicant need to pass a test related to his/her specialties (e.g. software, hardware,
marketing, medical, legal etc.). Only excellent applicants can go on further selection steps.
● Evaluate the applicant's Internet accessibility, quick responsiveness, working attitude,
● With necessary translation tools.
● With rich translation experiences and deep professional knowledge.
● The qualified translators shall sign cooperation agreement and NDA with Golden View.
● After 3-6 months cooperation, the translators who show good performance will be long
term contractors of Golden View.
4. Please describe your translation quality verification process.
Golden View's translation QA process can be summarized as follows:
● Quality translation: Select the optimum translation team.
● Strict reviewing: In-house reviewers check the translation 100%, including correction of
grammar mistakes, typos, inconsistency, readabilities etc.
● Proofread: PDF proofreading after DTP.
● PM sampling checking: Project managers will check the translation quality before
delivery. And will arrange corrections if needed.
For more details, please refer to Quality -> translation QA.
5. Please describe your training and maintenance process for external translation
We have summarized some valuable experiences to manage the translation resource:
● For new translators, we will send translation guideline to help them to learn the process,
translation conventions and quality standard of Golden View.
● For excellent translators, we will also provide instructions on how to use tools.
● Our HR dept. regularly collect the feedback from PM dept. to get more information on the
translators. We evaluate the freelance translators and assign different priorities to them.
We try to use the best resource at all the times, and terminate the cooperation with
translators who show poor quality and don't improve.
● We also send the QA comments to the translators and help them to know themselves
more and improve.
6. What is the current availability/throughput of Golden View?
Our in-house team and strong freelancer database are ready to work with you for any
small or huge project. We can provide you with customized solutions based on your
specific requirements and urgent level.
Usually 1 qualified translator can finish about 3000 English words daily. If the project is
urgent, we can arrange more translators and reviewers to meet the deadline. So our
capacity is scalable.
7. How many translators/editors can you currently assign to one single project?
More than 10 translators and 3-5 editors can be assigned to a single project.
8. What is an average size project for you?
The projects size from a few words to 300k words or larger. We can manage large projects
(e.g. 100K+ words) very well.